Wednesday 2 March 2016

LONDON TOWN - TO SEE

Wednesday 2 March 2016
Last up on my London 'to do' series is things to see! I've picked some of my favourite spots around the city if you're visiting or looking for some inspiration for things to do! 

1) First up is the Tate Britain. I actually live just next door so I'm perhaps a little biased! It's a great gallery which you can visit for free and soak up some culture. From Turner to Hockney, the Tate Britain has an amazing collection of work. Occasionally they have Late at the Tate events where they open the gallery after dark. I've been to a late based on celebrity which explored celebrity culture through music, art and video installations. It was a really interesting night and I really felt like I was making the most out of the free events hosted across London. If you have an afternoon to spare it is really worth a visit!


2) If you've read my blog before you'll know that I'm obsessed with flowers, plants and anything green! This is why Columbia Road makes it to my short list. The flower market is open every Sunday from 8am to around 3 and the streets are lined with flowers, indoor plants, herbs and bulbs. Behind the market stalls there are amazing shops and boutiques with beautiful interiors and gifts. You can also find the most delicious bagels from breakfast bagels to salmon and cream cheese. I would recommend going early to get the best choice or late to pick up some deals but you simply have to visit!


3) The final pick on my short list is Borough Market. When I first moved to London I lived just around the corner and fell in love. There is a full market from Thursday to Saturday but you some stalls are open Monday to Wednesday too. If you're a foodie this is the place for you. As you navigate your way through the hustle and bustle you will be overwhelmed by the choice of delicious food. I would recommend the chicken wrap (they are incredible!!) and the paella. If you want a sweet treat one stall also makes the most incredible cookies that are bigger than my face! It's makes for a great afternoon out or a place to refuel before you take in the near by sights like the Shard and Tower Bridge. 


Well my London series is all wrapped up! Check out my last two posts to see my top places to eat and shop and if you want any more tips or recommendations just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAWLESS LIFESTYLE © 2014